Slots are the most popular form of online casino game. Sceptics will often say that slots require no skill and they might be right to a degree, however, there are definitely measures that you can take to help improve your experience, and strategise your bankroll.
Here are our ten tips that should help you to be a better slots player, or at a bare minimum, a more educated one.
- Slots Terminology – Understanding the different terms that are used when researching online slots is vital when strategising your experience. Two of the most notable terms used to describe slot is RTP and Volatility.
- Volatility – The volatility of a slot, also known as variance, help to distinguish how often the game will payout. Gamers are bracketed into three levels of volatility, low, medium and high. The lower the volatility, the more often the game will payout winnings and vice versa. This is important because this indicates that the size of the wins will generally be lower. Netent Casinos are a good example of Low Volatility games.
- Return To Player (RTP) – The RTP is a percentage used to describe how much of the money going into a slot is paid back to the player. E.g 95% RTP. This means for all of the money played into a game (across all of the different casinos) 5% isn’t coming back to the players. You can use this to your advantage as the higher the RTP the longer you’ll usually make your budget last.
- Free Spins – Free Spins are a form of online slots bonus that is widely available to new customers. These are often part of a welcome bonus and will help to boost your time playing, making your deposit last that much longer.
- No Deposit Bonus – No Deposit Bonuses can include free spins or free money and as the name suggests, you don’t have to deposit any of your own money to enjoy them. Given as a welcome bonus to new customers, you can benefit from an entirely free experience.
- Check the T&Cs – When claiming slots bonuses it’s always important to check the terms and conditions. You don’t want to spoil the fun by claiming a bonus, winning lots of money and finding out you’re only entitled to a maximum win of £/€/$20. Always make sure you’ve cross-checked all of the details to make sure bonuses are fun.
- Learn The Rules For Free – Playing a game for the first time is often the only way to really learn the rules, features and symbols. But you don’t want to waste your budget trying out games to find out you don’t like them. Playing in Free-Play mode is the perfect alternative to this. You’ll get to use free casino credit that’s virtual and spin as much as you want.
- Slot Reviews – If you’re eager to jump straight into some of the best online slots, don’t rely on the recommended list at your casino as these are often generic. Get googling and read up on some best slot lists to uncover some hidden gems.
- New Sites – Mix up your gaming experience and check out the latest casino sites. Ignorance is bliss as the saying goes, but you can often discover bigger and better things by exploring some of the best casino sites online.
- Stop When The Fun Stops – Keep slots gaming fun by always playing to your budget. Never spend money you can’t afford to lose. Never chase your losses with extra spins. Always stop when the fun stops.